"Excellent case! I will recommend that all of our property adjusters review this material."
A comment submitted by a property examiner who recently completed "Navigating the SIU Minefield."
You will learn to recognize certain "Guiding Lights" in the module. The presenters will show you methods to discern the truth as to how a loss occurred, while accurately documenting each step of the investigation.
After completing the course you will be able to:
- Identify red flags in an insurance claim;
- Have an awareness of potential juror perceptions and attitudes;
- Know the importance of a truth-seeking mindset when investigating potential arson/fraud;
- Comply with arson/fraud reporting requirements, such as Reporting and Immunity statutes;
- Formulate a Reservation of Rights letter and know its value;
- Obtain authorizations;
- Identify the importance of the insured's agent;
- Understand the issues surrounding innocent co-insureds;
- Identify the red flags in bad-faith set-up letters;
- Craft a response to a bad faith set-up letter;
- Respond appropriately to the fire or police departments, witnesses, of the insured's attorney; and,
- Differentiate between Intentional Acts breaches and Concealment or Fraud breaches.
"Navigating the SIU Minefield" is approved for 2 hours of CE credit in CA, FL, LA, NH, NC, OK, TX, and WY. It is also approved for CPCU and RPA. In addition, the module has been approved for CLE in FL and IL. Click here for more.