Contact: Hugh Strawn
Date: March 26, 2015
Underwriting Sessions Too at the 2015 PLRB Claims Conference
ISO Commercial & Property Lines Emerging Trends
Educate - Innovate - Invigorate
Underwriting issues are included in the 2015 Claims Conference curriculum. Sessions will offer discussion for both commercial and property lines forms covering hot topics from drone liability coverage to self-driving cars.
2014 Claims Conference
ISO Commercial Lines: Program Enhancements, Trends & Challenges
The ISO will describe enhancements to ISO Commercial Lines programs. Ron Beiderman, AVP, Commercial Casualty, ISO Insurance Programs, will lead the sessions on Monday, March 30, and Tuesday, March 31, both from 3:30 to 5:00 p.m. Following this underwriting session attendees will be able to:
• Describe enhancements to ISO Commercial Lines Programs, including new endorsements to address drone-related liability exposures, a cyber liability businessowners endorsement, and revisions to other commercial lines programs;
• Examine emerging trends, issues, and challenges that include food-related issues, 3D-printing, medical marijuana, as well as an update on the Terrorism Risk Insurance Act (TRIA); and
• Identify emerging issues and potential repercussions in underwriting and claims operations.
ISO Personal Lines: Emerging Trends & Future Challenges
Challenges and trends in personal lines coverages will be explored by William Schlager, Manager-Personal Lines Division, ISO Insurance Programs, and Christopher Sirota, Senior Consultant, Personal Lines, ISO Insurance Programs, on Tuesday, March 31 and Wednesday, April 1, both from 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Following this underwriting session attendees will be able to:
• Examine coverage enhancements to ISO's personal auto, personal umbrella, dwelling, and motorcycle programs;
• Evaluate recent refinements influencing rating and underwriting of personal lines policies including ISO's personal auto enhanced class and homeowners by-peril rating plans; and
• Investigate potential new exposures in emerging trends, such as sharing services, self-driving cars, aging population, and advances in technology.
More Information and Registration
For complete information on the PLRB 2015 Claims Conference and the Insurance Services Expo, at the Anaheim Convention Center, March 29 to April 1, as well as to register online, please click here.
The Property & Liability Resource Bureau is a not-for-profit association of property and casualty insurance companies. It is located in Downers Grove, Illinois.